As a progressive asbestos and hazardous materials consultancy, an in house NATA accredited laboratory was a natural development.
Our laboratory first gained NATA accreditation at our head office and laboratory in Sydney for airborne fibre counting and volume control in 2015. Our Canberra lab followed suit by being recognised as a NATA accredited facility in 2016.
Naturally, we developed our lab to provide services for asbestos fibre identification in bulk building materials and soils, extending our NATA accreditation to provide these services in early 2018. At the same time, we started to provide NEPM analysis for asbestos in soils.
We also have NATA accredited mobile laboratories which enable us to be reactive and effective in emergency situations and regional areas.
Our laboratory is also staffed with American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) and Environmental Microbiology Proficiency Analytical Testing (EMPAT) analysts.
OUR ANALYSIS SERVICES
– Identification of Asbestos in Bulk, Soil and Dust samples by Polarised Light Microscopy – AS 4964 (NATA/IANZ)
– Asbestos Fibre Counting by Phase Contrast Microscopy – NOHSC:3003 (NATA/IANZ)
– Soil Asbestos Analysis conducted in accordance with NEPM
– EmPAT certified analysts for direct mould ID undertaken in accordance with ASTM methods for Spore trap cassettes
– EmPAT certified analysts for direct mould ID undertaken in accordance with ASTM methods for tape lifts.
– Blackwater swabs for the presence / absence of Coliforms and E.Coli as per the Compact Dry EC method, AOAC Approved and equivalent to the reference method ISO 4832:2006
At JMBEC we recognise that accreditation and externally validated quality assurance programs ensure confidence in results that are consistent and qualified.
Accreditation of our analysis suites by professional bodies is an important component of our quality assurance framework. It also shows a greater understanding of the subject matter.
Maintaining accreditation requires thorough and dynamic quality systems. These include following in-house quality control programs and procedures, and the training and formal approval of laboratory and field staff through external proficiency programs.